Thursday, October 29, 2015

so much inspiration

Good morning!
It is really windy here - I had to go out and take down most of my Halloween decorations because of the crazy strong wind!  I did not feel like chasing my tombstones down the road!

First up is Kathy with this  fangtastic Halloween layout!


She started with the border paper from Carta Bella included in one of the Paper Add Ons and fussy cut around the inside of the border, so she could mount it on the background paper that I've chosen which is from G45 "Rare Oddities" from the Main Kit. She inked around both the inside and outside of the papers so they would stand out.  She stamped in various places on the background for some grunge effects. 
her next step was to layer mats for her photo. She used black Stickles in various places on her dress to jazz it up a bit.


We got some real cool embossing powder from Stampendous called Embossing Tinsel in "Vintage Olive" which she used on the circle chain chipboard from her stash that she cut into 2 pieces so that I could use it in separate places.


She fussy cut around a little flower spray that was in one of the Paper Add Ons and put some tulle behind it.


There are 3 little tags peeking out on the left side of the lo, which came from last year's kit.  The little raven is from a last year's Halloween kit, which she just used black gesso on.  She also used some black and orange twine to make a little bow that sits behind the flower cluster.  



In the top flower cluster she used black pearl cotton for the little bow and another gorgeous Petaloo flower from her stash. 

Next I have a beautiful OTP from Lynne using the
October Scraps Of Elegance kit

 
 After painting the edges of the piece she covered each letter with patterned paper from the beautiful Prima Royal Menagerie collection from the kit then sanded the edges before inking them. The base was also covered with coordinating paper.



She added tulle to the base behind the word to showcase the  paper butterflies which were attached to  pearl sprays. The dragonfly and shells are Prima resin pieces which were dry brushed with acrylic paint; the shells were included in this month's SOE kit and the dragonfly was from a previous kit. Some ribbon roses and pearls completed the project.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  
~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment