Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sarah's beautiful work with our Twisted & Tangled kit

Hello, I hope you all had a beautiful weekend!  Here in Alaska it was definitely sunny and beautiful (this time of year, it's always sunny, there's no darkness, even at night - thank goodness for room darkening curtains, lol!).

So I'm not actually here to talk about the weather, of course!  I wanted to share two gorgeous projects Sarah Routledge has done with our May Twisted & Tangled kit.

The first is a stunning layout, I just love her design on this!





Here's a little close-up and a few details from Sarah:

I started with some gesso on the base page and then layered strips of the Cold Country papers with some strips cut from the cheesecloth in the kit. I added a light coat of gesso to the layers and then used the Shimmer paints to paint along the edges of the strips. I did some masking with light molding paste and some stamping with the butterfly stamp and sentiment included in the Embellishment Add-on. I wanted to add some more texture to the layout, so I added some lines of heavy gel medium and sprinkled clear microbeads on them - LOVE how this added texture and shine to the layout. Finally, I added in some flowers from the Main Kit and Flower Add-on and one of the Prima Ingvild Bolme Junkyard Findings Jeans plates as embellishments.

 She has also done a beautiful mixed media tag.  Here's a photo, and details on it:

I started out by gluing the 7 dots studio paper to a plain tag base. I added cheesecloth, flowers, pearls, chipboard and butterflies to the tag and then misted everything with Dylusions Ink Spray in Posioned Jade. I added some white gesso tot he chipboard, butterflies and pearls and blended it on the tag. Then I misted again with the Jade Dylusions. Once that was dry, I added the sentiment and some of the Shimmerz Paint in Green Olive to the Chipboard and on top of the sentiment to help it blend. I did some masking on the right side of the tag with a Prima mask and some Heavy Gel Medium - to which I added clear microbeads. I then added some Prima Pebbles and clear half beads from a previous SOD kit. Finally I misted the left side of the tag and splattered the whole tag with Dylusions Ink Sprays in Slate Grey and Black Marble.

Thank you for stopping by today, and I hope you have a great night, and a fantastic day tommorow!

~Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment