Good morning - It's hump day!
We are half way through the week!
Today I am going to share three stunning projects Renea!
And I do mean stunning
During a recent photo shoot Renea's God daughter got tired of having her photo taken, and so she face planted into her blankie and had herself a "Diva Moment"-LOL!
She layered a piece of the kit paper over a floral piece of the kit paper, and then did some tearing and paper curling to expose the print. She used a brick stencil and some Ranger Texture Paste to add lots of texture and visual interest, then used some matching paper to form the photo matte, distressing and paper curling it before adding on that precious photo.
At the top corner, she took the FabScraps Chipboard frame from the kit and distress painted it white then took a Prima Resin Heart and added one of the pieces from the Embellishment Add On "Dreams" inside the frame. She added on some past kit flowers, cheesecloth and one of the little wicker hearts from the kit.
She formed a large flower layer at the bottom corner of the photo by adding flowers from the kit, Floral Add on, and lots of past kit flowers along with stash foliage, floral stems and cheesecloth. I then took a Resin Cameo Frame and added a "Precious" piece from the E.A.O.
In the large tear at the bottom, she added one of the paper gates from the kit and topped it with another wicker heart from the kit and some past kit flowers.
She started with a paper mache Book Box and coated it with Gesso. She then layered on papers from the kit, some Lace, paper Doilies, some of the tissue paper from the kit and then clipped a Vintage Image to it with a past kit piece. I distressed and inked the pieces with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink to get that aged look.
Next I added on a Brooch, a flower from this month's Floral Add On along with some past kit flowers and leaves, and then created a bow out of the alphabet trim in the Embellishment Add On and tucked it in.
She added on the little Prima metal mail box with letters on it from the Embellishment Add On and more flowers beside it and at the top of my photo corner. added some letters, and then popped on a set of Salted Caramel Butterflies.
For the back of the book, I inked in layers of Tim Holtz Tattered Rose and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Inks.
Tore pieces of the tissue paper from the kit and Mod Podged them on, inking over them with the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then painted randomly with Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Crackle, let it air dry then inked over it with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distess Ink.
For the "Binding" side of the book, She covered it with some more of the tissue paper sheet from the kit, and inked over it.
She created "pages" using Ranger Texture Paste, then sprayed with Tim Holtz Tarnished Brass Spray Stain, painted over with Gesso, and then inked with the Vintage Photo Stain to get the look of worn pages. The book is held closed with a ribbon and velcro closure system.
She finished the book out inside with papers from the kit and inks.
'Extra Special Times'
She did lots of tearing, distressing, paper rolling, and layering of the kit papers to get that edgy look. She then stipple painted and did some gesso drops that I coated in MicroBeads and Glitter Glass. The chipboard latice, I tucked under the corner tears is from a past kit.
She used one of the Fabscraps Gates, and the Prima Resin Fountain to add dimension and give the layout an outside garden look.
She laced the wooden hearts from the kit into the pattern on the paper using the textured trim that was also in the kit, and added a piece that she fussy cut from the Fabscraps pieces in the kit for the title "Extra Special Times".
The burlap flowers were from the kit and the smaller flowers were all from past kits.
You can see all the layering and painting texture and dimension at this angle.
More flowers, hearts, layering and texture.
A close up shot of the lacing and paper rolling that she did to add in lots of dimension and texture.